Writing Property Descriptions
Travelers put a lot of thought, effort, and money into planning and ultimately taking a vacation. The search for the prefect place can become very emotional. Creating a description that increases their excitement associated with their vacation rental search can be very effective. Your description should be detailed, relevant, and informative. Use words to paint a picture and include details about the surrounding area. Ask yourself why you would want to visit your destination and convey the message to all your potential guests. Focus on creating great content and do not worry about search engine optimization (SEO) unless you are writing content for an individual property website. Below is the Owner Rental Properties guide to creating great content. Follow these simple steps to success and watch your rental occupancy increase!
- Engage your potential customer with a catchy and memorable heading. This is your first impression make it count!
- Start your first body paragraph with your main selling points. Why is your vacation rental better than the others.
- Move quickly into the meat of what the guests will need to know. This includes the layout of the home, bedding, and amenities. Do not neglect details.
- Use complete sentence, proper grammar, and avoid abbreviations. It doesn't hurt to have someone proof read your text.
- Keep your text up to date. If you are an aggressive owner chances are you have multiple listings on various websites, keep up with them.
- Include a call to action. This is a simple sales principle that most property owners miss. Let your customers know what step is next.
- Lastly make it fun! No need to go over the top. If you have a beach destination use some beach lingo, ski location use ski terms, and so on.